Today, I am going to show you how to easily create or start your own blog and how to start a WordPress blog. Blogging is something that you can set up on your own easily and can completely change your life by allowing you to make thousands of bucks a month alone.
If you can do good in blogging, you can work from home and still earn more than enough.You can travel anytime you want and have flexible schedule for work.
Anyone can make money blogging and can easily pay off what you’ve spent on website hosting services and other.It is well worth it to pay for your self-hosting services.
you might think,”what is self-hosted?”
well,self-hosted means that you pay a little amount to a hosting company to host your website and that blog site will be in complete control of yours. You can do whatever to your site, it’s all up to you and no one can take down your online content.You are your own BOSS.
And if you are not self-hosted and it’s free (for example : blogger), NOOOOO…. don’t do that.When you blog on a free platform like Blogger, you don’t really have control over your blog. Blogger (or whatever free platform you use) sets the rules that you have to follow and those rules severely limit your ability to earn money on your blog.It may be free but you don’t have the full control over your blog and if this free blogging site one day decides to take down your content/blog they can and you cannot do something about it.
So if you are very much interested in making money off your blog or turning it into a business then paying the hosting amount is the desired necessity. Some examples of hosting service provider websites are BLUEHOST, GODADDY, HOSTGATOR, BIGROCK etc.Their hosting plans are extremely cheap and also you get a free domain.You can put up any of your advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertisers etc which will make you money.
The reasons why BLUEHOST and GODADDY are best for your WordPress blog because of the following facts:
- It’s very easy to use.Anyone can create a WordPress blog on these hosting providers.
- Bluehost and GoDaddy offer cheap and affordable web hosting plans.
- you get a free domain.
- you are self-hosted and that means you can monetize your blog with ads.
- you will be seen as a professional blogger to the readers, companies etc now that you are self-hosted.
- It will be much easier to customize your content.
If you are interested to start you Bluehost then continue below. If you are confused about anything, just ask in the comments.I am here to help you out.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
1.Register for your domain name.
The first and foremost thing you need to do while starting a WordPress blog is to choose the name of your blogging site. It can be tough, so grab a pen and a paper and start brainstorming. selecting a niche for your blog is important, a niche is a subject or area your blog will be based on.For example, fashion blog, travel blog, finance and money blog, recipes and cooking blog, parenting blog, home decor blog, DIY blog etc are some of the main niches.You can do your own other than above mentioned.
For Bluehost, you have to buy hosting for at least a year.This makes it well worth it to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting as you’ll be saving money.If you decide to get the free domain with this then just continue with the next step.
The basic package is all you need and you’re good to go.
2.Buy the hosting plan for your blog.
- Choosing the “basic” plan for your blog is all you’ll need for now and it’ll be cheap this way.If you sign up for 24 months it’ll be almost $3.95 per month.and for 12 months it’ll be almost $ 4.95.So if you are unsure about blogging but really want to give it a go, then choosing a plan for 12 months is the best.
- The “basic” plan is all you need. You don’t need to buy those plus and business pro plans.These options offer some extra services you will be not needed right now.
- The domain privacy Protection is what you want for a blogger. It’s just $0.99 a month. This is to keep your details safe.
- Other than domain privacy protection, you’ll not be needing any other extra services.So unselect the rest.
One thing is to note here that for more years you sign up for the more cost-effective it is.Buy at least for a year because if your hosting expires and not renewed you may have a risk of losing readers and traffic on your blog.The recommended plan will be of 12 months but the plan for 36 months is most cost-effective.
When you’re ready to create your blog, just continue the following steps.
3.Install WordPress on Bluehost.
This may be the final part of creating your own blogging site and it’s not hard at all and Bluehost offers free WordPress installation.
- Bluehost will ask you to choose a password for WordPress.
- then it will ask you to pick a theme.Choose the one you like( don’t worry, you can change that later).
- now write your blog posts with interactive pictures and designs to make things interesting.
How to start a WordPress blog in GoDaddy.
Setting up inGoDaddyy is almost like in the Bluehost.Just go to GoDaddy.
1.Select your plan and register for your domain
here again choose the basic plan. Godaddy offers you hosting plans for 1 month at the minimum, unlike Bluehost which offers to host plans for a minimum of 12 months.
choose your domain name and proceed to the next step.
2.Choose your plan length and checkout
Choose your package plans(choose a minimum of 12 months, it will be cost efficient this way).
3.Install WordPress on your website.
checkout with your plan and the install WordPress to your blog and you’re good to go.
Now you have a WordPress blog of your own, though you have to work on its design and good quality content. ALL THE BEST.
SOME GENERAL TIPS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH WORDPRESS.
- to add posts just click on the” posts” on the left-hand side when you are logged in in your WordPress.
- to add an image, just click on the” add media” on the left-hand side.
- to make a post design, just go to canva.com, it allows you to design your own posters and graphics for your post.
- to buy your own customized theme just go to” beautiful dawn designs.com”.
So….. That’s it!